Cloud Status

This is not one of my usual social networking blogs, but I thought it was semi-related. Clearly the "Cloud" is one of the biggest changes happening on the web today. However, one of the concerns is how to track down if my application is down or the cloud service is down?

Hyperic has just released CloudStatus BETA. This is the first tool that I know if that actually checks the availability and performance statistics of cloud services. In this first Beta, they do the 5 core Amazon cloud services: EC2 (Compute), S3 (Storage), Simple Query Service, Simple DB, and Flexible Payment Service. You can drill down one ach of these to see thruput of I/O in Europe and the US for example.


Think of the next step - providing a common management platform to monitor my own apps as well as the cloud - all correlated together to make sure Web 2.0 operations teams have the best visibility to manage and monitor their critical services (like Social Web;).

Note: I am on the board at Hyperic, so you'll want to form your own opinion. But I think this thing is pretty cool for anyone running apps on Amazon today and a whole lot more people in the future...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ringside Winding Down

Facebook Open Sources Platform

CRM Version 6 – This time for Races